Re: Debian laptop (vendors)

On 23/05/02 Bill Wohler did speaketh:

>   No idea on whether IBM will install Debian for you. I installed Debian
>   on my Thinkpad T20 without much fuss. The Cisco 802.11 card works out
>   of the box too. I've been happy with the laptop.

    I haven't seen too many problems with Debian on laptops now that the 2.4
kernel is reasonably stable. Running Woody and upgrading to 2.4.18 on my Sony
VAIO fixed all my problems, except for one small bug in XFree86 with respect
to the S3 chipset, so I'm waiting for someone to package X 4.2.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix