Re: Not-So-Ancient History (was Re: Maybe a corny idea ...)

On Sat, 18 May 2002 14:51:46 -0700 Paul Scott <paslist@ultrasw.com> wrote:

Vineet Kumar wrote:
 > * Soul Computer (scwawcaac@earthlink.net) [020518 13:21]:
 >
 >>On 17 May 2002 21:04:09 -0500 Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
 >>
 >>On Fri, 2002-05-17 at 20:05, Soul Computer wrote:
 >>
 >>>Maybe this is a bad idea, but I thought that
 >>>since Linux is the original multi-user,
 >>>multitasking operating system for the PC, it
 >>
 >>Fat chance.  MP/M (the multi-user variant of CP/M was
 >
 > .
 > .
 > .
 >
 >>Of course, we can't forget Minix, who's limitations spurred
 >>Linus to which would become greatness.
 >>
 >>I'm sure I've left something out...
 >>==================================================
 >>Thanks for the history.  I appreciate it ...
 >>Anyway, to date myself, I used a Honeywell DPS 6.
 >>

 > Scwawcaac:
 >
 > Can you please set your mailer to insert a "> " in front of each line
 > you quote in replies? The last couple of messages were very confusing.
 > As you can see above, the problem is further complicated when the
 > message is quoted again, since Ron Johnson's original text above is at
 > the same level of indentation as your latest text. It looks like you're
 > repeating what other people have said rather than quoting it. If you
 > need help setting it up, let us know what mailer it is and hopefully
 > someone will be able to help you. Thanks.
 >
 > good times,
 > Vineet

Mozilla displays this message perfectly and both levels of ">" are in
the message source here.

Paul Scott

Paul Scott:

It would seem that the Earthlink Webmail is very
spartan.  It has no fine control over the system,
and refuses to set 'word wrapping,' let alone
quote specifications.  I try to set a spacer
between the previous message and my own, but it
seems that it wasn't enough, before.  I have since
expanded the spacer in hopes of providing a
clearer email.  As for possibly fixing the
problem, we may all have to jump on Earthlink to
make their webmail more functional.

Sorry.
->Scwawcaac<-