Re: Install Debian for desktop

Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> writes:

> /usr/local somewhere. /usr/local/lib is really only appropriate for
> libraries, but it's up to you. You might like to try stow, where you put
> each package in its own directory in /usr/local/stow and it maintains a
> symlink farm for you; this allows for easy uninstallation.
Thank you Colin,

Are you using stow yourself?

I am a bit confused on using stow, does one invoke # stow <package>
_after_ one went through the three steps
./configure,
make,
make install prefix=/usr/local/stow/<package>

it seems to be logical :-)

--
LinuxUser aka Josef Oswald linux.os@chello.at
registered-linux-user # 134.818 at http://counter.li.org