Problems with Galeon, Mozilla and ?Opera? freezing.

    So, I have 2 Debian Woody systems that are "pure" woody systems and
    up to date.

    One of them (Home Machine) is a PII 233 with a Diamond Viper 770
    video card.

    The other is a PIII 733 with a Riva TNT2 card in the AGP slot, and a
    Graphics Blaster Extreme in one of the PCI slots pushing 2 19 inch
    monitors with Xinerama. Windowmaker is the WindowManager.

    I have a problem with Galeon and Mozilla freezing up on specific
    pages. Some will freeze Mozilla, many (that will freeze one or the
    other) will freeze both. As in screen redraws within that window
    don't work any more etc.

    The odd bit is that this only happens with my work machine. My home
    machine is fine.

    The other odd bit is that some of time Opera will freeze on the same
    pages.

    One page that I have found that will reliably freeze both Galeon and
    Mozilla is www.apple.com/ibook.

    But only on my work machine.

    And nothing else seems subject to this (applications frequently used
    include GAIM (always running), Abiword and now OpenOffice, Gnumeric,
    DIA.

    No problems (or at least no similar problems) with any of those,
    just the browsers.

    Any clues?

--
My last cigarette was roughly 30 days, 15 hours, 54 minutes ago.
YHBW