Re: tomcat test

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 11:43:12AM +0200, Francois Chenais wrote:
| Okay,
|
| 	In fact, I would like testing the installation before using
| 	my own application. I know that jserv has default testing servlets
| 	and I wooder if tomcat does the same.

IIRC it does.

| 	I've looked for it on apache/tomcat conf files but found nothing.
|
| 	httpd.conf includes  /var/lib/tomcat/conf/mod_jk.conf but this file is
| 	empty :-|

| 	So I'll look for more infos on tomcat web site.

Start tomcat (/etc/init.d/tomcat start, I think).  Then try "ps -A |
grep tom" to see if it is running (hasn't crashed or terminated).
Then (as root) try "netstat -anp | grep tom" to see which port it is
listening on.  Then try browsing that port with an HTTP client of some
sort (telnet, links, galeon, whatever).

-D

--

Yes, Java is so bulletproofed that to a C programmer it feels like being in a
straightjacket, but it's a really comfy and warm straightjacket, and the world