Re: tomcat test

>In fact, I would know how testing tomcat is running !
>Which URI must I set to my browser to test it :-)

Ah!

Well, you need to know that your webserver is running. If you're testing from the machine that's got the server, try

http://localhost

or

http://127.0.0.1

or the proper ID address or hostname of the machine.

I don't think Tomcat does anything by itself. I think you need to write a Java module that you install in Tomcat.

I'm sorry it's been a while since I've worked with it, but what you will need to do is examine the configuration files for your webserver (apache?) and the configuration files for tomcat to see what URI is used for the programs installed in Tomcat. If Tomcat comes with sample programs, then try giving on of those in the URI.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific.

But when you do have a full application developed, do follow the advice of my article, and test it for valid HTML, as well as stress-testing it with a load generator. I wrote the article after I was hired to tune a web application that fell over the day it went live, because it couldn't handle even a moderate user load!

Mike
--
Michael D. Crawford
http://www.goingware.com/