Re: jigdo image doesn't install

On Tue, 2002-05-21 at 16:12, curtis wrote:

> About a month ago I created a CD image for a 2.4.x kernel installation, which
> image I created using jigdo.
>
> When I attempted to do an installation from the CD, which
> started out fine, I reached a point where it was going to “install modules and
> drivers,” and it asked me for access to a necessary file.
> Unfortunately, I don’t remember the name of the file or the default
> location it was trying to locate it in, but my question is: why?  Do I
> need to also burn some files and directories onto the installation CD?
> And, how could that be possible, if the CD is burned as an image?  Or,
> am I completely missing something.
>
> Curtis

You don't necessarily need to install modules if the kernel has enough
compiled in to boot your hardware. The images from a month ago , and
still are, experimental, afaik . The latest jigdo.files (woody i386)do
work for me as long as I get a good checksum when the image creation is
finished.
--
Greg C. Madden
Debian GNU/Linux 3.0