Re: Using pinning with apt-get

Thanks very much. All seemed to work, but I've now discovered that even
in unstable, xfree86 is at version 4.1. I'm looking to use 4.2 because,
stupidly, I bought an ATI radeon 7000. According to Xfree86, it's supported.
However, I was unable to get it recognized. So, my questions are

1. Has anyone had success with an ATI radeon 7000 card with 4.1?
If the answer is yes, did you have any problems? I would be glad to send
log files.
2. Has anyone had success with an ATI radeon 7000 card with 4.2?
If the answer is yes, is there a debian package for 4.2, or should I compile
it from source?

Again, thanks for the response.

Art Edwards