Re: Using pinning with apt-get

On Tue, 21 May 2002 19:55:07 -0600
"user list" <debian-user@icantbelieveimdoingthis.com> wrote:

> I would like to have apt-get pull down only xfree-86 from unstable onto
> what is now a purely testing machine. Does anyone know how to do this?

Add the unstable references to your sources.list.  Then in
"/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/" create a file (I suggest "10default") containing
the following line:

APT::Default-Release "testing";

Then run the following commands:

apt-get update
apt-get install x-window-system/unstable

That will pull the x-window-system package from the unstable branch and
should pull the other packages that it needs or at least give you a
listing of them.

--
Jamin W. Collins