Re: eject command fails on cdrom

On Tuesday 21 May 06:25, Riaan Rottier wrote:
> When I try to eject a cd using the eject command, the system returns the
> error:
>
> eject: unable to eject, last error: Inappropriate ioctl for device
>
> It used to work a few months back and I updated some packages since then
> but I made no other changes to my system. I am running Woody.
>
> Any advice??
>
> Riaan

I don't know if this is related to your problem, but coming from a mandrake
background, I was used to the eject command unmounting _and_ ejecting.
When I tried to eject a mounted cd using debian, it failed.
My solution was to convert the Mandrake rpm using alien and install it.
Works fine here.

all the best,
Robert_L