Re: versions

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 09:52:31PM -0500, Glen Lee Edwards wrote:
> What kind of trouble would it cause me if I installed the unstable base and
> Woody packages?

Woody is just-about-releasable right now, so it shouldn't give you
any trouble (knock on wood(y)).  It sounds like the only thing
currently missing is the ability for the security team to officially
support it.

Sid, on the other hand, is pretty well guaranteed to break from time
to time, so I wouldn't put it on any machine which would cause major
problems if a bad package took it down for a day while you either
figure out how to fix it yourself or wait for a fixed version of the
package to become available.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss