Re: sshd and tcp wrappers

Angel L. Mateo wrote:

El lun, 20-05-2002 a las 03:18, Tom Allison escribió:

IIRC, ssh includes the tcpwrapper for access. This means that it also looks as the /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny files.

I want to configure sshd such that it allows certain domains to be accepted.
I was adding "sshd: .domainname.com" to the hosts.allow file, but tcpdchk complains that it's not a wrappered application.

	This is because you don't have sshd in inetd.conf. Ignore the message.

That was my guess.
But I'm trying to set up a computer remotely and can't afford many mistakes.

Thanks!