Re: abcde rips to wav, then hangs

On 18 May 2002 15:27:46 -0700, Nori Heikkinen wrote:
> i'm trying to use abcde to convert my cds to mp3s.  i haven't done
> this in about a year, but last spring it worked fine on this box.
> haven't changed anything but the versions of abcde and its components
> have changed as i've been updating (running a potato-woody hybrid,
> heavy on the latter).  with OUTPUTTYPE specified as mp3 in
> ~/.abcde.conf, running `abcde` rips all the tracks to .wav, and then
> hangs.

You've probably managed to half-convince abcde that it has no usable
encoding locations.

Send me (or the bug tracking system) a debug log:

abcde -D >logfile 2>&1

> it's also not really paying attention to the info it grabs
> from cddb.

Well, it would do that after encoding :)
--
Robert Woodcock - rcw@debian.org
"We don't feel the need to get personal information to give sale prices."