Re: how can I install the dpkg tool?

> You'll probably want to touch /var/lib/dpkg/status.
>
> Can you give a bit more information about what you're doing, though? It
> sounds rather dangerous. Installing .debs verbatim on a non-Debian
> system could break it, as dpkg will keep track of file conflicts with
> other packages but not with random files lying around from an earlier
> installation.

I want to install debian linux on my MIPS machine.I have compiled a
linux kernel and it can boot  the redhat7.2. When I boot the redhat7.2,I
just copy the base file architecture into my hard disc,then I install
the gcc, then I compile the other tools.So I want to do under the debian
just like under the redhat,but there is no dpkg tool and I can't install
the gcc.That is my question.Can you help me?