Re: Galeon quit working

On Sun, 2002-05-12 at 13:05, Dale Hair wrote:
> After last dist-upgrade on two machines Galeon quit working.  One is
> running testing with galeon from unstable, the other is testing only.
> When I try to run it from xterm I get
>
> /usr/bin/galeon-bin: relocation error: /usr/lib/libgtkembedmoz.so:
> undefined symbol: GetFlatBufferHandle__C10nsACString

I did another google search and found in a FAQ

Note that certain openoffice Distributions contain an old version of
mozilla. Check if you have set some LD_LIBRARY_PATH variables to a
direcotry containing the openoffice mozilla libraries, and try
uninstalling openoffice, this has often helped.

After apt-get remove --purge openoffice.org, galeon works.  I've now
installed from OOo_1.0.0_LinuxIntel_install.tar.gz and galeon works
fine.  Is this a bug in the debian package or has no one else had this
problem.