Re: Upgradeing my TiVo using Debian Woody system?

I upgraded my TiVo (original 14hr, bought it in January of 1999!) and I
used a boot floppy that actually contained a little Linux system (based
on tomsrtbt I think).

I've not been following the latest developments but I'm sure there are
Linux based solutions: all the original hackers who made the TiVo
upgrades possible were working from Linux systems IIRC.  Look on the
TiVo forums <http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/> in the Upgrade
Center.