Re: Upgradeing my TiVo using Debian Woody system?

On Wed, 2002-05-15 at 15:20, stan wrote:
> I have just ordered a TiVo Serries 2, and I plan on upgrading it by adding
> an additional 120G drive, and conecting it to my network.
>
> I found some food directions on the disc upgrade at:
>
> http://www.newreleasesvideo.com/hinsdale-how-to/
>
> But it's all absed upon the assumption that you are doing it with a windoze
> computer. Since I don't have such a beast, I would like to do this using my
> Debian Woody machine.
>
> Is this possible? If so can anyone point me to a howto?

I haven't actually done this myself yet (waiting for my tivo to come in
:) but from all of the directions that I've read it looks like all of
the work takes place on the tivo itself once you get the serial console
set up. Surely connecting 2 Linux systems together can't be any more
work than connecting a windoze system to a linux system. :)

-Alex