Re: sane-backends upgrade breaks scanimage with ADF

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 02:02:24PM -0400, Andrew Perrin wrote:
->I did a dist-upgrade today on my office machine, so now have the latest
->woody sane-backends. That includes scanimage, which I use for scanning
->documents with a document feeder.  The following command, which worked
->this morning, now crashes miserably:
->
->scanimage --batch=page%04d.pnm --mode Binary --resolution 120 --source
->    "Automatic Document Feeder"
->
->It simply crashes with a "Segmentation fault" -- no additional
->information.
->
->Scanning using scanimage works fine using the flatbed.
->
->This is an Epson Perfection 1640SU Office connected via SCSI.
->
->Any advice?
->
->Thanks.

comment out the sm3600 entry in /etc/sane.d/dll.conf and try again.
May it helps.

Veit
--
Veit Waltemath <veitw@wsbt.de>      |     reg. Linux User #140794
01896 Pulnitz / Germany		    |     Debian GNU/Linux Systems

It may or may not be worthwhile, but it still has to be done.