Re: how to create a patched glibc?

On 15-May-2002 Oliver Kowalke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as I've posted to debian-glibc-list I want to program a little bit with
> the new async IO implementation from Ben LeHaise. The kernel is patched
> and libaio (provides the native async io api) is also installed. In
> order to access linux new feature over a POSIX.4 interface I've to
> patch glibc.
> Ben provides on its LINUX AIO page patches for glibc-2.2.4. OK - I will
> try it for glibc-2.2.5-4.
> My intention is to provide a glibc-2.2.5-4.deb which is configured like
> the standard glibc-2.2.5-4.deb from woody plus the new linux aio
> feature (access to libaio).
> What I need to know is where can I get the source-deb-package which
> contains the glibc sources and its configuration options (./configure
> --prefix ...).
> I've no experience creating/changing debs.
> Hopefully you can help me?

apt-get source 'package' once you add source lines to your
/etc/apt/sources.list and run apt-get update:

deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free

for unstable as an example.

the glibc package is one of the more complex packages we keep.  There is a
patches directory in the source as I recall so you should just need to add the
patch to the dir and then register it with the package's makefiles.