Re: [misran@vlug.vein.hu: debian hpt370 raid]

On Wed, 15 May 2002, Miroslav Mazurek wrote:

> Tue, 14 May 2002 17:57:28 +0200 "Josip Rodin" <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr>:
>

> AFAIK (I have EPOX with same hpt370) you should connect
> CD board controller (ide0 or ide1) and then you can boot potato with no
> problems. But, potato has 2.2.x kernel and support for hpt370 is
> included in 2.4.x kernel, so you need to update kernel after
> installing potato on one of first four disks (ide0 or ide1). How could
> you put 5th disk on normal (standard) ATA controller since it is capable
> of holding just 4?

	Hi,

	thanks for Your email. Linux sees the hpt370 onboard ide raid
controller as a normal ide controller (no hw raid). My board has a primary
ide controller + hpt370. So I can use 8 ide devices parallel. I wanted to
install linux and sw raid on the 4 disks (hanging on hpt370) but I decided
to put a 5th ide hdd on the primary ide controller for root.
Thank You again, best regards,
					Geza