Re: WMaker Menu

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 06:51:37AM -0400, Tom Allison wrote:
( ... )
> On one machine I decided to strick out on my own for managing my menu.
>   Well, I don't like that idea anymore.  Is there something that I can
> do to restore the Debian provided Packages?  It's OK if this means the
> complete loss of my own customized menu structure.

Chances are that update-menus will do exactly that (maybe you must run it as root).

> Also, is there some manner in which I can have my cake and eat it too?

Use the debian menu system. You can enter your own applications or define in which submenu you want them to appear. Find detailed docu in /usr/share/doc/menu . The cream on the cake is that
a) your entries won't interfere with the automagically created ones, even when you install or remove packages,
b) menus can be generated for *any* (debian) window manager.

HTH, Joachim

--
Joachim Fahnenmüller
Lehrer für Mathematik und Physik