Re: IRC

On 2002-05-14 16:47 +0000, Keith O'Connell <keith_oconnell@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am curious to take a look at IRC, something I have never taken much interest in before. As I use exclusively Gnome, I was wondering if people could make a suggestion as to their favourite "gnome" based clients, that can be found in woody

I'd suggest irssi (http://irssi.org/ and apt-get install irssi-text¹)
Even though it's not gnome-based, I don't think there is much benefits
from running a graphical IRC client compared to text-based.

And what comes to other text-based clients, I've yet to see someone who
after using irssi for a while switched to use some other client... :)

HTH.

1. There is irssi-gnome and irssi-gtk in Debian also but they are
   *ancient*.  Don't use them.

--
Tommi Komulainen                                 Tommi.Komulainen@iki.fi
GPG 1024D/68388EE6    6FD6 DD79 EB38 BF6F 3533  09C0 04A8 9871 6838 8EE6