Re: installed kernel source but still no modversions.h!

Alex Hunsley wrote:

> I'm trying to compile the 3c90x netcard driver from 3com.
> First time I try, I get this:
>
> 3c90x.h:22: linux/modversions.h: No such file or directory
> In file included from /usr/include/linux/sched.h:13,
>                  from 3c90x.h:36,
>                  from 3c90x.c:1:
>
> so I remembered I need to install the kernel source.
> I've installed it (and made sure it's at /usr/src/linux) and followed the
> instructions at
>
> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/PCTel-MicroModem-Config/trouble.html#AEN468 -
>
> in other words, I did "make config" followed by "make dep".
> For "make config" I just answered 'default' to all the qeustions (by holding
> down return!) After 'make dep', the file include/modversions.h still wasn't
> there.
> What am I doing wrong?

I did a find on modversions.h and it's sitting in /usr/src/linux/include/linux,
which is the wrong place?
I assumed that the kernel source tar should be untarred and have it's contents
put into /usr/src/linux, am I wrong about this?

thanks
alex