Re: Change compile options wi/ apt-get source?

On Tuesday 14 May 2002 01:50 am, dman wrote:
> On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 11:36:04PM -0400, Nathan Weston wrote:
> | Is there a way to compile with different options, CFLAGS, etc, when using
> | apt-get source?
>
> Not that I know of -- apt-get doesn't actually do compilation, that's
> why!
>
> | Can I specify a default CFLAGS to use?
>
> Sure :
>
> $ apt-get source foo
> $ cd foo-version
> $ fakeroot ./debian/rules binary CFLAGS="-I/my/include/dir"
>
> It may work better to do this :
> $ export CFLAGS="-I/my/include/dir"
> $ fakeroot ./debian/rules binary
>
> Try both and see.
>
> HTH,
> -D

Nope, that doesn't seem to do it. At least in the package I tested (aterm),
./debian/rules overrides the CFLAGS setting. If I edit rules by hand I can
succesfully change the CFLAGS, which is not as convenient as I had hoped, but
it should do the trick.

BTW, apt-get source --compile will download and build in one step.

Nathan