My ThinkPad is dead after Woody upgrade

Hi All,

I've had my IBM ThinkPad model 380Z dead (laptop not going thru POST, suspicion
is about flash BIOS was wiped out) after "apt-get dist-upgrade" and following
hibernation last Friday.

It could be due to this 3 y.o. laptop was broken itself or due to new thinkpad*
related packages installed (I remember tpctl for sure).

Does somebody else have the similar problem?
Could it be really caused by problems during new package installation?

I have a second new ThinkPad and I don't want to take any risk to damage it too
(the same packages are installed but not upgraded yet).

There was up-to-date Woody installation on it with custom 2.4.16 kernel and old
thinkpad-source & pcmcia-cs modules compiled/installed.

Pavel.

PS: I know that my IBM TP BIOS had several mistakes in it (i.e switching
occasionally LCD display off when on AC power).