Re: GRUB question

Scott Henson wrote:

I am trying to install grub on my system so I can try out the GNU/HURD,
but I cant seem to get grub to install properly on my system.  I can get
grub to boot and everything.  I can even boot into all my OSes, but I
cant get it to show me a menu.  My menu.1st file is attached.  I
basically pulled this thing out of the grub-doc package.  I have tried
the grub-install script and install and setup from inside grub.  Nothing
seems to work.  Even though when I do grub setup (hd0) this tells me
that it installed fine and everything.  But then when I reboot it just
gives me the grub command line without any menu.  Anyone know how to get
grub to give me a menu to boot /vmlinuz, /vmlinuz.old, windows98(not
important dont use it anymore), and grub.  Thanks
--
-Peace kid
  Scott Henson	shenson2@wvu.edu

"God's the ultimate playa, so naturally He's going to have some haters,"
rapper Ice Cube said. "But these haters need to realize that  if you
mess with the man upstairs, you will get your ass smote. True dat."

#sandm's menu.1st file to boot useing grub

# By default, boot the first entry.
default 0

# Boot automatically after 30 secs.
timeout 30

# Fallback to the second entry.
fallback 1

#For booting Debian GNU/Linux main
title  Debian GNU/Linux
root = (hd1,0)
kernel /vmlinuz hdb=ide-scsi root=/dev/hdc1

# For booting Linux old
title  Debian GNU/Linux old
root = (hd1,0)
kernel (hd1,0)/vmlinuz.old root=/dev/hdc1

# For booting the GNU Hurd
title  Debian GNU/Hurd
root   (hd1,0)
kernel /boot/gnumach.gz root=hd0s1