Re: good choice of network card?

Btw Tom, which driver are you using for that 3c905C-TX?

I use a 3c905-tx in 9 different computers at work, all running sid with 2.4.17 and 2.4.18 kernels. I use the 3c59x driver that ships with these kernels. I have never had problems with them, including with a 2-card firewall with traffic that can peak at a significant fraction of 100 Mb/s.

At home I use a $20 10/100 Mb/s netgear card and it works fine for me. I must admit, I buy the $60 3com cards for work because we have the money, I know they work, and I don't want to risk changing. But can anyone tell me what makes the 3com card supposedly better? The specs I know are exactly the same.