Re: Is there any tool like purify(memory leak check tool) for LINUX

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 11:36:31PM +0530, Deepak Kotian wrote:
> Is there any tool like purify(memory leak tool) for LINUX. Or any free software which
>
> can be used to check memory leaks on a C/c++ program.
>
> If anyone has any idea. Please let me know.

I use LeakTracer. It just looks for memory leaks on C++ (not C)
programs. I think there is no deb package for it, but it`s quite
easy to install. When I was looking for a memory leak checker it
was the only one I found to use with C++, and it works well
enough to me.
You can find it at
http://www.andreasen.org/LeakTracer/

HTH,