Re: Is there any tool like purify(memory leak check tool) for LINUX

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 13:12:48 -0500, dman wrote:
> On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 11:36:31PM +0530, Deepak Kotian wrote:
> | Is there any tool like purify(memory leak tool) for LINUX.

> memprof is one such tool.  I've used it a little bit.  I've also heard of
> Electric Fence

Electric Fence is used to find problems like double free()s and writing
past/before the boundaries of allocated memory; it is not intended to track
memory leaks.

> and some others, but haven't done serious enough C/C++ programming to
> actually try them.

http://www.cs.colorado.edu/homes/zorn/public_html/MallocDebug.html has a
fairly long list. Hmm... I just noticed it doesn't list Valgrind
(http://developer.kde.org/~sewardj/) yet, which is packaged for unstable and
looks fairly impressive.

HTH,
Ray
--
RUMOUR  Believe all you hear. Your world may not be a better one than the one
the blocks live in but it'll be a sight more vivid.