Re: File size limit exceeded

On 2002.05.12 02:16 Dr. Christoph H. LARSEN wrote:
Everything went
well, until I wanted to format a hard drive. By then mkfs.ext2,
mkfs.ext3, mkfs.reiserfs, and even mkfs.vfat and mkfs.msdos gave me
the
error message:
File size limit exceeded
As this error has never occured prior to my recent library update I
presume that there must be a bug in the latter. Any idea how to fix or
avoid it?

Run lsof (should reside in /usr/sbin/lsof) to get a list of the open files. I ran into this problem because wmheader (which runs once every 30 minutes) failed to clean up after itself. If you find you have similiar problem, you'll need to kill the running processes then remove the cron entry (look in /etc/cron.d, /etc/cron.daily and /etc/cron.weekly).

HTH,
Ian