Re: hard drive question

On Fri, 10 May 2002 10:54:02 -0400
"Matthew Daubenspeck" <matt@oddprocess.org> wrote:

> I am using an MSI mobo with a VIA VT686B chipset that should allow
> ATA100 operation. Here is the hdparm information:
>
> burnt:/home/mellofone# hdparm -i /dev/hda
(snip)
> Which to me shows that it is using ATA100... However:

Don't believe that's quite the case.  That is reading what the drive is
capable of.  Per the hdparm man page:

  -i     Display the identification info that  was  obtained
         from the drive at boot time, if available.

What does "hdparm /dev/hda" return (that's how the drive is currently
configured).

--
Jamin W. Collins