Re: recommended documentation iptables

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 03:14:45PM -0700, justin cunningham wrote:
| Hey, I did I search for iptables how to and got tons of docs-- does
| anyone recommend one over another or a debian specific one?  The goal is
| to take advantage of three nics for web and mail services.

See http://netfilter.samba.org.  That's one location for the netfilter
(iptables) development.  Read Rusty's docs.  He's the one who coded
the stuff.  There's really nothing debian-specific about it because
it's all part of the kernel.  The only thing distro-specific may be
where to put the commands to restore your filter at boot time.  I put
my various firewall scripts in /etc/FIREWALL and made a symlink named
/etc/rcS.d/S38FIREWALL to the one I want.

-D

--

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to
look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from