Re: Red Hat user shopping around

On  0, dman <dman@dman.ddts.net> wrote:
> On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 11:43:21PM -0700, Paul 'Baloo' Johnson wrote:
> | On Wed, 8 May 2002, Glen Lee Edwards wrote:
>
> | > They recently dumped inet for xinet.  Instead of having one configuration file
> | > in /etc/inetd.conf, they now have individual files per service in
> | > /etc/xinetd.d/.  I'm sure that makes sense to somebody, but it makes configuring
> | > it a real headache.
> |
> | That just hurts...why would someone implement something in such an
> | obviously painful manner?
>
> Have you ever tried to read RH init scripts?  Have you ever tried to
> find an init script?

It's actually not very dissimillar to debian... /etc/rc/init.d instead
of /etc/init.d...

<ducking what='the inevitable stones'>I think it makes more sense to put all
the init stuff in a subdirectory...</ducking>

Tom
--
Tom Cook

Classifications of inanimate objects:  Those that don't work, those that break down, and those that get lost.

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au