Re: PowerEdge 1650 / Debian help!

At 02:18 PM 5/9/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello,
>You've got a few different options. You could just install the system
>from CD, then copy the e1000 driver to a floppy, and then compile it on
>your 1650.

I can't even worry about the network yet because I can't install anything
from CD.  I can't find any distribution or floppy set that will recognize
the RAID controller or the hard drives attached to it (I've read through
the archives of this list and tried them all).

I just tried downloading the latest and (what I thought was) greatest
woody distribution ("boot floppies" version 3.0.22). I burned a CD
and booted. I get "no hard disk drives were detected."

Using the floppy rescue/boot disks I get the same thing and I can't
seem to get the driver disks to load and allow access to the hard drive.

When the system starts I see that one container is recognized, and
that it seems to be properly configured (I was able to install RH with
no problem as a test).

Is there a "known-good" .iso CD image or set of Debian floppy images someone
could point me to?

How is one supposed to use the driver floppy images? I've been using
dd to create them the same way I create the rescue/root disks. I get
"Cannot mount the floppy. Stop" every time.

reb