Re: Woody install floppies - SOLVED

On Thu, 9 May 2002, Colin Watson wrote:

> Check the list archives for debian-user for the last couple of days.
> Lots of people have reported it, and somebody posted a workaround
> pending the fixed base-config getting into woody.

Thanks for the pointer.  It led me to a solution:

http://wiki.debian.net/DebianWiki/DebianWiki/WoodyNetinstBaseconfigLoop

The solution given there is a user-friendly script to move
base-config_1.33.17_all.deb out of the way (in
/target/var/cache/apt/archives) while downloading, and install
base-config_1.33.18_all.deb instead.  If you're installing from the 'net
on a slow connection, there's plenty of time to do this manually...

I did try to search the debian-user archives and the bug-tracking system
but couldn't find references; says a lot about my searching skills, I
guess.

I've also used Eduard Bloch's raid and LVM "extdisk":

http://people.debian.org/~blade/install/

So now I have an installation of woody with the root fs on LVM.  I'll try
root-on-LVM-on-software-RAID next...

Thanks again,

|   George Karaolides                      Linustech Advanced Solutions,  |
|   tel:   +357 22 89 87 28               31 Evagorou Avenue, Office 32,  |
|   web:   www.linustech.com.cy                         Nicosia CY 1066,  |
|   email: george.karaolides@linustech.com.cy       Republic  of Cyprus.  |