Re: can't get .shosts authentication to run

Just figured it out: I need to set HostbasedAuthentication _and_
UsePrivilegedPort to yes. This way, I can get it to at least try host
based auth. Now, I get an error that may actually originate on the
server side:

---
[...]
debug1: authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive,hostbased
debug3: start over, passed a different list
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive,hostbased
debug3: preferred hostbased,publickey,keyboard-interactive,password
debug3: authmethod_lookup hostbased
debug3: remaining preferred: publickey,keyboard-interactive,password
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled hostbased
debug1: next auth method to try is hostbased
debug2: userauth_hostbased: chost myclient.mydomain.net.
debug2: we sent a hostbased packet, wait for reply
debug1: authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive,hostbased
debug2: userauth_hostbased: chost myclient.mydomain.net.
debug2: we sent a hostbased packet, wait for reply
debug1: authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive,hostbased
debug1: userauth_hostbased: no more client hostkeys
debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
[...]
---

I wonder what that means...