Re: Kernel Panic (OT)

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 04:16:43PM -0600, Troy Telford wrote:
| I'm having some problems with my computer, which I believe are
| hardware-related.  The main indicator is either a kernel panic, or a
| BSOD (Win32).

Try memtest86 to see if your memory is ok.

# apt-get install memtest86
# <add section to bootloader to boot /boot/memtest86.bin
# reboot

memtest86 is a program that runs with no OS.  You boot direclty to it,
and it runs in an infinite loop testing the memory.  When you are done
you simply reboot into whatever OS you choose.  If there are problems
with the memory it will list the errors on-screen.

-D

--

The Lord detests all the proud of heart.
Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished.