Re: CDwriter

On Thursday 02 May 2002 05:30 pm, Brooks R. Robinson wrote:
>> | still detected as hdc (cdwriter samsung) and hdd (toshiba dvd)
>> | ("cdrecord -scanbus" doesnt detect it).
>
> You need to add a line into your lilo.conf to tell you kernel what
> drives to scsi-emulate.  Put something like
>
> append = "hdc=ide-scsi"
>
> into you lilo.conf and re-run lilo.

No kernel recompilation is necessary! But having read through the
end of the thread, I see you did anyways.

The steps I found necessary were:

(1) add the following line to /etc/lilo.conf
           append="hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi"
(2) sudo lilo
(3) reboot

Those 3 magical steps will have 'cdrecord -scanbus' rendering
wonders!!!

Addis
--
"... a la ciudad lejana no vuelvas nunca, nunca jamás..."