Re: Networking - still could not telnet in

Well thanks Sean , for asking that question.
I tried telnet 127.0.0.1 (because the output of ifconfig -a
assured me that the loopback was up and running)
and
the answer (to telnet 127.0.0.1)
was in the negative : "Could not telnet host".

And then I did a whereis telnet
whereis: /usr/bin/telnet
and a  whereis in.telnetd
whereis: something/inetd , if I remember rightly.

I am actually confused on how to read the situation.

Thanks and Regards,
Shyam.

--

                           Knowledge is Power