Re: LPRng and remote printers

hi ya keith

all lines should start with : and end with ":\"
except first and last lines

for aragon
   lp:HP Deskjet:\
       :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
       :sh:\
       :ml=0:\
       :mx=0:\
       :af=/var/spool/lpd/lp/acct:\
       :lf=/var/spool/lpd/lp/log:\
       :cd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
       :lp=/dev/lp0:\
       :if=/usr/share/lprngtool/master-filter:

   aragon# /etc/init.d/lpd  stop - start
   aragon#  lpr /etc/printcap
   aragon#  lpc status
	- should list the remote printer

for machines wanting access to that remote printer...

   aragon:Remote DeskJet:\
       :sd=/var/spool/lpd/aragon:\
       :rm:aragon:

   foo# /etc/init.d/lpd  stop - start
   foo#  lpr -Paragon /etc/printcap
   foo#  lpc status
	- should list the remote printer

- make sure your firewall does not block lpd connections

c ya
alvin