Re: Getting mozilla going...

On Thu, 02 May 2002 13:45:18 -0600
"Mike Fontenot" <mlfasf@attbi.com> wrote:

> Actually, the more I look at the advice to patch up
> mozilla so that it can handle java applets, the less
> I understand the advice:
>
>  "unzip jre.xpi -d $MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME/plugins 'jre-image-i386/*'
>  ln -s jre-image-i386/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so ."
>
> I don't have "unzip" on my potato system...just "gunzip", and
> if I do a "gunzip -c jre.xpi >out_file_name", it says that

You need the unzip utility for this, not gunzip.

apt-get install unzip

> Also, I don't understand his link: "ln -s f1 f2" establishes a
> soft link from the new name f2 to the existing ordinary file f1,
> which doesn't make any sense to me with the syntax he gave.

With the sytanx he provided, the "." at the end references the current
directory.  When a directory is used as the second filename to ln in this
way, the original file name is used as the name for the new link to be
created and it is created in the specified directory.

--
Jamin W. Collins