Re: Getting mozilla going...

Jamin W. Collins wrote:

> The above items are simply environment variables.  They are created when
> Mozilla is started. They are not permanent.  The fact that they aren't
> there after a reboot is quite normal, they shouldn't be.  What problem are
> you experiencing or more specifically, what are you attempting to
> accomplish?

I was trying to follow some advice I got from this newsgroup,
to patch up mozilla so that it would be able to handle java
applets.  The advice was to download jre.xpi, and then to
execute the commands:

 "unzip jre.xpi -d $MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME/plugins 'jre-image-i386/*'
 ln -s jre-image-i386/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so ."

Obviously, whoever wrote that advice expected MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME
to be known to my shell, but it's not...not even after I have
started up mozilla.  Obviously I can set that variable myself,
but the author of that advice seemed to think it would already
be set...That makes me wonder what else has gone wrong with the
installation.

	Mike Fontenot
	mlfasf@attbi.com