Re: disk space / where did it go

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 03:52:47PM -0400, Andrew Perrin wrote:
> The obvious question is: are you missing a directory (perhaps a hidden
> one) from the list you passed to du?

I don't think so.
$ ls -a /
.  ..  bin  boot  cdrom  dev  etc  floppy  home  initrd  lib  lost+found
mnt  proc  root  sbin  tmp  usr  var  vmlinuz

.           irrelevant
..          irrelevant
bin         check
boot        check
cdrom       irrelevant (I did confirm this)
dev         check
etc         check
floppy      irrelevant (I did confirm this)
home        mounted on different partition
initrd      check
lib         check
lost+found  check
mnt         check
proc        irrelevant
root        check
sbin        check
tmp         check
usr         mounted on different partition
var         check
vmlinuz     symbolic link

Is there something else that I'm missing and don't realize?  I just
don't understand how there can be such a difference being reported
between the two programs.
--
Jason Stechschulte
jpstech@unoh.edu