disk space / where did it go

I'm completely stumped by this one.  I have a server that is running
Potato, and it keeps telling me it is out of disk space.  That makes
sense when running df:

$ df -m
Filesystem           1M-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/hda2                  182       170         3  98% /
/dev/hda3                 1922       489      1336  27% /home
/dev/hda6                 1753       182      1481  11% /usr

When I try to find out where all the space is being used, I really don't
find anything.

$ cd /
$ du -ms bin boot dev etc initrd lib lost+found mnt root sbin tmp var
2       bin
0       boot
0       dev
3       etc
0       initrd
6       lib
0       lost+found
0       mnt
0       root
2       sbin
0       tmp
13      var

That doesn't even come close to adding up to 170M.  What am I missing
here?  I have been purging log files, but as du is reporting, I've
already purged most of the logs.

Obviously I'm missing something.  If this is a newbie question, please
point me in the right direction.

--
Jason Stechschulte
jpstech@unoh.edu