woody install pains

Hello all.

I apologize if this has already been addressed on the list, but I do
a pretty decent job of scanning the daily mail, and I haven't noticed
this...

I was trying to install woody from the base six floppies, and then net
install the rest.  That seemed to go just fine, but after making the
HDD bootable and rebooting, things got a bit strange.  I was prompted
for the time zone information, MD5 and shadow options, root password
and finally unpriv'd user account and password.  At this point, the
setup loops back to time zone information, followed by the MD5 and
shadow stuff.  This loop continues indefinitely; timezone, MD5, shadow,
timezone, MD5, shadow, etc.

Killing the processes responsible doesn't help, as they respawn :(
Please excuse my ignorance if it's something obvious.  Is there a shell
script that needs to be hacked, and if so which and where?  Since I'm
far from being a spectacular programmer, hints on what to do to said
scripts would be appreciated, too ;)

Is it possible that I've grabbed borked install floppies, due to the
shift from testing to frozen?  I grabbed them last night from:
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/

Thanks in advance for any and all help/suggestions!

Cheers,
Mike Pfleger
pfleger@pfleger-precision.com
(250) 479-0321