Re: NT hammering my samba netbios?

There's good documentation on this in the BROWSING.txt file in the Samba
documentation (or there used to be - I haven't used samba in a while).  If
you want the samba machine to always win, set os level high (like >
64). Also, though, it almost never makes sense to have nmbd launched from
inetd, which you appear to be doing here. nmbd answers name requests on
the network, and also handles the browser election process when
necessary; it can pull in a lot of request packets and so the overhead of
starting and restarting it under inetd is too high.

ap

clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu