Re: Install Realplayer???

On Tue Apr 30, 2002 at 06:03:44PM -0700, Alvin Oga wrote:

> hi ya
>
> > What version did you get? That page tells me that neither rp8 nor rp7 is
> > available for linux-elf. Are they really *that* far behind?
>
> i downloaded rp8 long ago... saved a local copy of rp8
>
> links i used...
> 	http://proforma.real.com/real/player/unix/unix.html?src=rpbform
> 	http://www.real.com/player
>
> c ya
> alvin
> http://www.Linxu-Video.net/Video.Players ... look for rp* ..

Linxu-Video huh? I think it's spelled Linux.
Great link though thanks, they got some stuff there.

One thing they don't have, and I don't think anyone's mentioned:
The newest RealPlayer is called RealOne, it came out after RP8 (for Win
& Mac of course). Well, about 5 or 6 months ago I downloaded a beta for
Linux of RealOne, and I can't find any mention of it on their site now.
God, what a terrible and offensive website. f**k 'em. They couldn't pay
to use their crap now. Anyways, the Linux Beta of RealOne was a little
buggy and unstable, definitely not ready for daily use. I wonder if they
just pulled it & gave up on it or what.

--
-CraigW