Installation problem

I'm trying to install Potato (2.2r3) on PC with 386/387, 16MB, 2GB SCSI IBM, Advansys SCSI, ATAPI CDROM and NE2000 compatibile.
Does this make any sense? Would that configuration be usable for anything? Any suggestions? I run SCO on such configuration years ago.

Problem is:

I have Debian on CDROM but I can't boot from CDROM.
I made rescue and root disc and 4 or 5 driver discs. (I also tried with compact which have one driver disc - it should also support advansys controller)
After beginning of instalation I am ofered to load modules from disc, I supply driver disc but inst. program says - cannot mount floppy.
After that I cannot do disk partitioning because advansys is not recognized.
Any idea?

--

Miroslav Mazurek, mmazurek@sfsb.hr