Re: woody and remote X

on Mon, Apr 29, 2002, Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira (baptista@linuxsolutions.com.br) wrote:

> Hi all,
> I imagine that this is already answered in this list, but I have woody
> system and when I ssh to a machine (and before do xhost + machine) and
> then export the DISPLAY var to my machine and run a X11 program the
> following error ocurrs:
>
> _X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
>
> 	What is wrong?

0.  Set your linewrap to 72 characters.

1.  Google your question.  This is a FAQ.

2.  Don't use xhost +, ever[1].  Debian makes this easier for you by
    breaking it in any event.

3.  Use ssh with X11 forwarding, reading the manpage to resolve client
    and server issues if this doesn't work.

Notes:

1.  Those who know the exceptions to this rule both know the exceptions
    to this rule, and know that there are no exceptions.  Moreover, they
    don't have to ask how to do it.

   Hollings:  bought, paid for, but couldn't deliver the CBDTPA:
     http://www.politechbot.com/docs/cbdtpa/hollings.s2048.032102.html