Re: compiling KDE3 - missing dcopidl

On Monday 29 April 10:19, Corrin Lakeland wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 04:11, Robert_L wrote:
> > Oops, meant to send that to the kde list.
> > Sorry.
> > Well, maybe I'll get lucky here instead ;)
>
> Maybe, I missed your first message, but try kdelibs
>
> I have /scratch/src/kde/kdelibs/dcop/dcopidl
>
> Corrin

Thanks !  Strange timing- I had just run "make uninstall" in my kdelibs
source dir when my mail client notified me and I thought to check. The file
dcopidl is indeed there- I guess it didn't install properly as I had run a
find in /opt and it didn't turn up.

Anyway, after reading your message I decided to instlall the kdelibs I had
downloaded from
http://www.unc.edu/~crimsun/kde3-unofficial/

The main reason I wanted to compile (besides the fun of course !) is that
installing the kdebase deb from the above site (WhizNDR) would have removed
kde2's kdebase and I want them both intact. (I haven't been using Debian for
long enough to know the proper way to do this with dpkg or apt)

So, anyway, the kdelibs deb installed fine, and now ./configure for kdebase
finished with success.  Its compiling now.
Many thanks,
Robert_L